Text in exported video

Mike Kirk

What version of VP is being used?  Here's the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

The export text overlay should appear precisely at the same spot it was placed on the timeline.  If not, please share a project with the issue.

This is easy, quick and can be private.  Here are the step-by-step instructions...

• With your project on the timeline, click on MENU at the top-left.  Click FILE|BACK UP PROJECT FILES TO FOLDER.  Choose a folder and SELECT FOLDER.
  • Locate the saved, numbered folder, NOT the exported or VPJ file.  Upload it to a free server - Google Drive, MS OneDrive, etc.*
  •  Get a shared, public link.  If using Google Drive click GET SHAREABLE LINK. Change "restricted" to "anyone with the link can view"  Then click COPY LINK | DONE.
  •  Paste that link here, or click the folder at the top-right of this forum and privately message it to me.  It won't be shared.

*    Before uploading, right-click the folder, click PROPERTIES.  Look at the File Size to confirm that it's not too big for the free space on the server.

Dead-on here, using version 8.96.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Use the linked version.  You also might try an export at the default mp4 settings, but tic the Letterbox dot instead of Stretch.

I am on v8.96 so that is not the problem. I have tried Letterbox but no difference. Do I understand you right that I can download your revised version that works? If so how please? The default MP4 version creates a video of about 155mb, so not helpful I'm afraid.

Have I missed something? No solution yet.

p.s. the audio on your linked output is distorted.

So, I am having to mis-align the text in Videopad so that the exported video aligns okay. Not ideal. Any other ideas please?

Tests here used the version that you are using, but you can re-download and over-install simply by clicking the link above.

The audio in the linked sample is clean.  What you are hearing is the two sources very slightly out of sync - confirming that both are being heard during the test.  Text is not shifted from the audio in the export...

The first text begins to fade up at :22 in both VP and the export.   The last text fades out at 4:33 in both, so the titles are not offset.  The mp4/H264/15fps export was made at the 'auto-match' suggested resolution of 1800x1272, which resulted in a 21MB file.

This hints at a local issue.  You might test the export on another PC, if available.  Sorry that the oddity couldn't be replicated here.