Software upgrade / Re-installing previous version

buffymidget

I was prompted to update my Videopad and I thought why not so I clicked upgrade. I'm upset that it didn't tell me I had to pay, because now I'm stuck with the new version which is a demo. I do not have a credit card and I don't want to ask my parents for money. I tried re-downloading the old version but nothing just makes sense. Please help

Upgrades are free for up to six months after the purchase of a license.  But you're not stuck.

Reinstall your purchased version and, if necessary, re-register with your code.  It will continue to work as always.  The installer is normally saved to this PC path...

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\VideoPad"  (or a similar path without the (x86).

If you cannot find it there, download it from here.  Ignore virus prompts.  ANY VP version can be test driven without a license, but features will be limited.

I bought this software 12 months ago and now I’m being asked to pay more than 70% of the original price just to UPGRADE in just a short time.  I think a company with this sort of money-grabbing policy should be exposed for not supporting clients who bought their software trusting the company to support their clients!

VERY DISAPPOINTED.  COMPANY SHOULD LOOK AGAIN AT POLICY FOR PREVIOUS BUYERS.

• borate changed the title to Software upgrade / Re-installing previous version

Please see the above answer.  Upgrades are not mandatory.  If your licensed version is doing the job for you, stick with it.  It will continue to work.

NCH test/trial policy is generous.  Most features are available, at least during the trial period, and exports have no watermark, unlike some other editors.

• borate changed the title to Software upgrade / Re-installing previous version