Why are there audio files in my file list that have the extended info "file does not exist"?

barnw

After adding my Music folder and scanning, there are a bunch of files with this info, and indeed the listed file doesn't exist in the indicated folder.  So how/why are those being added to the list in the first place?  One possibly related issue is that after the scan, there are many folders that don't exist (also being shown in the extended info), in this case they are all under the Music/My Playlists folder, where indeed that indicated folder does not exist down that path.  Is it possible that all of these issues are the result of trying to include tracks that may be in a playlist, but don't exist?  Thanks - Barney

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...

I'm having the same issue, but after I convert my music, from wma files to mp3, I cannot delete the wma column, and it will not allow me to open new mp3 file, so that I can send my music to my usb drive. I keep getting folder does not exist. when I do find the converted file it comes up double, both wma & mp3, so i have to 1 by 1 delete the wma songs from list, in order to send to usb, and that takes forever sometime over 200 songs. The first 2 conversions worked well, and I don't know if I hit the wrong tap & made something change, but I need help with this one.