Reducing vocals

dreamer

Hello,

I've been trying to reduce/vocals from a stereo mp3 or wav file, but whenever I click on "Reduce Vocals" from the Special Effects sub menu, nothing happens, and when I play the file the vocals are just as strong as before.

Am I doing something wrong, or does this mean that the file isn't compatible with this effect? Shouldn't some sort of box pop up when this effect is selected, even if it is unable to reduce the vocals?

Cheers,

Tim

Hey I have the same problem, but I cant find "Voice Reduction". and there is no "special effects" menu, only effects. Can you help me out man...

your problem is that it needs to be in .wav , not .mp3

B) Mix Man....

Hi,

It is impossible to remove the vocals perfectly without the original mix track. You will notice some instruments might be removed too and some vocal remain. The effect will also not work on some files which have previously encoded in a highly compressed form like mp3 (because this remove some stereo depth).

Hello,

I've been trying to reduce/vocals from a stereo mp3 or wav file, but whenever I click on "Reduce Vocals" from the Special Effects sub menu, nothing happens, and when I play the file the vocals are just as strong as before.

Am I doing something wrong, or does this mean that the file isn't compatible with this effect? Shouldn't some sort of box pop up when this effect is selected, even if it is unable to reduce the vocals?

Cheers,

Tim