Default Sound In

zero

I just installed this software and want to use my Zoom Voice modem for recordings. In the Record Device Options there is only one option "Default Sound In" and Record Inout says Windows Record Mixer.

There is a message on the main screen saying Error: Sound record device open failed!

Can anyone please help me with this. Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...
Guest co_nch

Hi there,

It sounds as if VRS is not recognising your sound card. Go to Control Panel-> Sounds and Audio Devices-> Voice Tab.

You need to look at the default recording in device and also the drivers tab, it seems that there is a problem with your sound card driver or sound card itself.

Try updating the drivers and work on getting your card working and being recognised by Windows then VRS will recognise it.

CO-NCH

I just installed this software and want to use my Zoom Voice modem for recordings. In the Record Device Options there is only one option "Default Sound In" and Record Inout says Windows Record Mixer.

There is a message on the main screen saying Error: Sound record device open failed!

Can anyone please help me with this. Thanks!

• 4 months later...

I was getting something similar and it was only happening when I used Microsoft's "Remote Desktop" and had the sound re-directed to my remote PC. I would fix it locally and things would look OK, I would then remote it and bingo it was bad again. I stopped sound re-direction and all is well.

The drop down showed "RPG Sound" or something like that.

I hope this helps someone.

--JoeH