Video Pad is corrupting the audio component

Rissy

I've been using VideoPad over several months and never had this problem before. Trying to make a new video and while I was able to load the video clips just fine and edit them, after coming back to the file to do more edits, something is very wrong with the audio. The visual component is fine, but the audio of all the files is now scrambled. I am able to view the original files in VLC just fine, but when I try putting them into VideoPad, now they're all scrambled again. Not sure what is happening or how to fix it.

What version of Videopad?  Please be a little more specific about "scrambled."

Before loading your project, click the OPTIONS menu, then the DISK tab and Clear Unused Cache Files.

If an audio component has been corrupted set things right by first closing VP, then deleting all files in these PC folders.

"C:\Users\<your PC name>\AppData\Roaming\NCH Software\Components"

"C:\Program Files (x86)\NCH Software\Components"  or "C:\Program Files\NCH Software\Components"

Reinstall Videopad.  Or install this version.  8.45

If no joy, share the project and someone will be glad to take a look.  This is easy, quick and can be private.  Don't upload the export, just the PORTABLE project, per these instructions...

http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable, public link - not one that is restricted.