A Clip in Sequence doesn't support lossless encoding

Yuri

The following criteria must be met by the input/output videos for lossless export to be used:

• VP currently supports H.264 and MPEG4 encoder video sources.
  • The output format must match the input format.
  • Supported formats are .avi, .mkv, .mov, .mp4
  • The output and input must have the same dimensions, encoder profile, levels and extradata.
  • Visual effects are not supported. Any segments of your video that include visual effects will be re-encoded.
  • At least 10% of your sequence must meet the criteria for lossless editing. If less than 10% of the sequence meets the criteria, the entire sequence will be re-encoded during export.

Lossless export provides the highest quality video. It does this by re-encoding your video file only when required.

Ok, I have a few questions...

VP currently supports H.264 and MPEG4 encoder video sources.

Does this mean my video camera must record to mp4?  I have recorded everything in .mov format.

The output format must match the input format.

In this case, does this mean I have to export as .mov (since that's what the original file is)?  It seems that would not allow me to export lossless. 

The output and input must have the same dimensions, encoder profile, levels and extradata.

I think this one may be the problem actually... the clip it gets caught up on was raised 12db to match the rest.  Should I change this back?  Would that fix the problem? 

MOV is a container.  Lossless will depend upon how the file was encoded.  Most MOV files here failed, while several succeeded.

Chances are that your issue is the same.  Upload a test file to a free server, get a shareable link and post that link here..  Someone here will examine it.

Do that, as a PORTABLE project, not the exported version.

Here's how...  http://nch.invisionzone.com/topic/23659-tips-for-getting-help-on-this-forum/

If it contains sensitive material link it in a personal message (PM).  Click the envelope above.  It won't be passed on or retained.  Use FILE|SAVE PORTABLE PROJECT AS, not simply SAVE PROJECT, and don't forget to get a shareable link to post.

Yeah, my project is waaaaay to big (dropbox was going to take 2 days to upload).  Would it help just to post the .MOV file from the sequence that I believe is creating the problem?  Lossless export consistently fails when it reaches the 3:20 min. mark.  The new clip that begins at that time was recorded by itself at a separate time and doesn't sound exactly like the others.  Would you be able to tell what the problem is just by looking at the clip?

Don't know that we'd be able to tell, without analysis from the developers - which may be possible.

But we can confirm whether lossless works for that clip.   Upload and share it please.

What version of VP is being used.  Try the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

Ok, here are the links to my .MOV file and .WAV file.  Since they both begin at the 3:20 mark I am unsure what's creating the problem.  I recorded every file in the project using a DSLR camera (video/audio) and a separate pair of mics.  However, this is the only .MOV file from the camera where the audio was turned off on the camera before recording.  I don't know why that would effect the files, but it's the only difference I can think of besides the aforementioned audio level discrepancy.  

https://www.dropbox.com/s/g8ruil6gn4j05hu/DSC_0002.MOV?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/mtaasbn650o8315/Gigout Relay 2.mov?dl=0

Thanks!

When DSC.0002 was converted to MP4 with the MPEG4 compressor it then exported as lossless.  But only a single test was made.

Lossless will certainly speed up export, but otherwise the project should look about the same as the source files if exported / re-encoded at the same resolution, IMO.

Experimentation should reveal whether recording at a format other than MOV will achieve your goal.  Share your findings here.