How can I rotate a clip 90 degrees in videopad?

Jan S

If the clip is in the bin and not yet on the timeline, right-click it and choose VIDEO EFFECTS.

Click the large green + sign.

Choose the ROTATE/FLIP effect.

If already dropped onto the sequence, click the FX at the bottom-left of the clip and follow the same procedure.

Thank you. 

I was able to rotate the clip and use it in another sequence. But now when I export any sequence it exports in "portrait" orientation, with my video as a small horizontal strip. More help needed please!

Edited by Jan S
I thought everything was OK, till I tried another sequence!

What version of Videopad is being used?  Here's the latest.  For licensed users upgrades are free for up to six months from purchase date.  After that, VP will continue to fully function but a fee will be required in order to register the newest.  Retain your old install file and registration info.

If this doesn't solve the issue, click the FX button on the clip that does this, to open its effect window.  Click the large green + sign.  Scroll to Aspect Ratio Transforms section and click on Letterbox.

Does either of these measures solve the problem?  If not, post again.

• 6 months later...

An easier way? (at least as of version 8.35 but as I write this I believe 8.97 is the current version and this still works)

When you add your video file to your project, it appears in the "video file bin" in the top left.

Right click on the file and towards the bottom of the menu there should be an option called "Rotate Clip".

In that menu the choices are to rotate by:

0° (degrees)

90° (degrees)

180° (degrees)

270° (degrees)

Then after rotating the clip in the video bin, you can drag it into or insert it into your project.

Done!