IVM is crashing

wtheronjones

I've been experimenting in setting up my IVM for off & on for a week or so, and yesterday for the first time it has started to crash on me w/ Access Violations when answering calls.

My IVM setup is pretty basic:

WinXP w/ SP2, is current w/ all updates from Windows Update as of 2 weeks ago,

A $50 Accura Hayes modem w/ latest drivers from website

1 phone line,

Default OGM:

Press 1 to go to another OGM where callers leave message for mailbox 2,

Press 2 to transfer to my cell

Do nothing to leave a message for mailbox 1

It's been crashing very reliably.

I really like the software, but I can't risk having my phone system go down at any given moment due to a software crash while I'm away.

I'm on Vonage, so I could always transfer to my cell after X rings, but that's not the ideal.

How can I fix these problems?

It didn't seem to happen until after I installed this program called "Communicate! Deluxe" that came on the Accura Hayes setup CD. I've removed it, but it's still crashing on occasion.

This setup also installed an IBM text to speech engine that still seems to be on board even though I removed "Communicate! Deluxe".

I need some help on this one.

I removed the IBM text-to-voice app, uninstalled & reinstalled IVM & it seems to be working now.

Although I no longer have the benefit of it hearing Stephen Hawking calculate the distance in light years between opposite sides of the universe whenever someone calls, I guess I'll make due.