voip transfer

lastnightout2000

• 2 weeks later...
When i transfer a voip call (blind transfer)  the result is one way audio , they can hear what i say but i cant hear what they say.  I would be greatful if any on e knows what the solution to this problem is?

One solution is to allow 3-way with IVM as the second party, like ExpressTalk BE. You'd have to pay for the call but it's a start. I've put in a change order request with NCH to have this added to IVM. My business needs this too. Don't know how much NCH'll charge, but I'll let you know what I find out.

Hi

I have had the same problem for one month that I test this superb produced. During the transfers (Blind Transfer) VoIp once on two I hears the ringing during the transfer, and there it is OK. If not that does not pass. Or is necessary it to seek NCH, or the supplier of VOIP?

Philippe

Hi

I have had the same problem for one month that I test this superb produced.  During the transfers (Blind Transfer) VoIp once on two I hears the ringing during the transfer, and there it is OK.  If not that does not pass.  Or is necessary it to seek NCH, or the supplier of VOIP?

Philippe

Hey Philippe, install ExpressTalk Business Edition using one of the VoIP lines you want to use to test if my above request may be able to help.

I call into ExpressTalk Business Edition (the VoIP with a PSTN number) using my cell phone.

Then I answer the call with ExpressTalk Business Edition.

Next I press the conference button, dial my land line, press call, then press the conference button again (before or after I answer the land line).

Then I answer the land line, and voila, I can talk from my cell phone to my land line with no loss, save a few seconds lag on the return of voice from the land line to the cell phone.

If this works using your VoIP carrier, then the customization above should definitely help in your business and in general.

I'll do my best to get NCH to get ExpressTalk Business Edition's conference feature into IVM standard, so all may benefit. I've been speaking with IVM developers, but can't seem to help them understand. Here's my change order request:

Regarding IVM:

1. request: allow IVM to conduct conference calls (remaining online for the duration of the conference)

2. example: as there is an OGM transfer option, there would be an OGM conference option

3. relief: this allows a workaround to some VoIP gateways inability to transfer calls but have the ability to conference calls

4. desirability: other customers express this request on the IVM, ExpressTalk, and Axon forums over the past 18 months

5. model: ExpressTalk BE effectively utilizes this request in its confrencing functionality

If anyone else wants this feature, let IVM know by posting here.

And if you can better explain the above change order to IVM developes, by all means post it as my English may not be so good.

I really think that the problem is at the level of the IVM and of the VoIp transfer. If I remain on Axon, no problem of transfer between extensions (15/15 Ok), if I pass on the IVM, when I do not hear the ringing in my telephone, I know that I will not have either the voice (3/5 OK).

It seems that it is random.

Sorry, but I use a translator to speak English.

Philippe

I wanted to specify that my transfers are done only on extensions, and not towards another line.    This problem really annoys me because I really find this product adapted to the small companies.

Phil

Now that's a damn good translation.

So you mean if you transfer to IVM through an Axon extension you have trouble?

I agree the solution works when you are in front of your the computer Express Talk BE is installed what of if you are away from the office si ther no way you can control Express TAlk by Telent or something to answer the calls and perfomr the transfer or conference call

Hey Philippe, install ExpressTalk Business Edition using one of the VoIP lines you want to use to test if my above request may be able to help.

I call into ExpressTalk Business Edition (the VoIP with a PSTN number) using my cell phone. 

Then I answer the call with ExpressTalk Business Edition. 

Next I press the conference button, dial my land line, press call, then press the conference button again (before or after I answer the land line).

Then I answer the land line, and voila, I can talk from my cell phone to my land line with no loss, save a few seconds lag on the return of voice from the land line to the cell phone.

If this works using your VoIP carrier, then the customization above should definitely help in your business and in general.

I'll do my best to get NCH to get ExpressTalk Business Edition's conference feature into IVM standard, so all may benefit.  I've been speaking with IVM developers, but can't seem to help them understand.  Here's my change order request:

Regarding IVM:

1. request: allow IVM to conduct conference calls (remaining online for the duration of the conference)

2. example: as there is an OGM transfer option, there would be an OGM conference option

3. relief: this allows a workaround to some VoIP gateways inability to transfer calls but have the ability to conference calls

4. desirability: other customers express this request on the IVM, ExpressTalk, and Axon forums over the past 18 months

5. model: ExpressTalk BE effectively utilizes this request in its confrencing functionality

If anyone else wants this feature, let IVM know by posting here.

And if you can better explain the above change order to IVM developes, by all means post it as my English may not be so good.

• 2 years later...