Selecting a recorder in V2.0

musikone

I have two CD/DVD internal burners. The recorder menu in Express Burn v2.0 provides a drop-down menu for selecting your recorder. However, if no disc is inserted in either recorder, the selected recorder is not necessarily selected. It would be nice if the menu selection did indeed select a recorder without disk in it, since there is also an entry on the recorder menu ("eject") which opens the tray of the selected recorder. Using this eject selection, a recorder tray can be opened from the software, rather than requiring the user to manually search for that little eject button on the front of the burner. This can be awkward (as it is on my computer); opening the tray via the recorder menu is a much more elegant solution to this tray-opening procedure.

It should be noted, however, that once a disk has been inserted in a recorder, that recorder then becomes the future default recorder. It is only when opening the tray when there is no disk in it, and when no default recorder has been previously set, that this peculiar little bug is in evidence. I just stumbled onto this while playing around with the newly installed Express Burn 2.0

Now if we can just squash that *major* audio CD bug (disk will burn but won't play!), we will probably have a real winner here! I am looking forward to this essential fix. Of course, other bugs may be set to bite. It would be very surprising if this were not the case.

This little tray-opening bug is just a minor nuisance, however -:)