Audio file wont play right to the end...

Guest AR

I have an mp3 track that lasts 2 hours which I am splitting into several smaller tracks. However, when I get to around the 1hr 40min mark, for some reason it starts playing the audio that is at the beginning of the track.

The "line" that tracks what part of the track is being played remains in the right place. If I try to jump to ANY point after the 1hr 40 min mark, it will do the same thing (play the audio that appears at the start of the track, from the beginning).

This only happens if I try to "jump" to a later point (if I let it play continuously it is fine); but when I copy and paste the sections I want, for some reason it will copy the "incorrect" audio rather than what should be there.

I have checked the audio file itself by playing it on different media players and it is fine.

Many Thanks for your help!

I have an mp3 track that lasts 2 hours which I am splitting into several smaller tracks.  However, when I get to around the 1hr 40min mark, for some reason it starts playing the audio that is at the beginning of the track.

I have noticed this behavior with several different large files. It must have some limit internally, which makes it truncate back to the beginning. This definitely makes it hard to edit large files.

Brad

• 3 weeks later...
Guest synth
hi, the problem happens because your file is too long. WavePad is not designed to handle very long file. We will work on this in future releases.

Do you have any idea when this will be fixed? One of the reasons I purshased this was to compile short segments into one archive. Several of which last longer then 1:42 (which seems to be the cuttoff).

Although I can not play it back in wave pad, it seems to be recording the sound correctly when I play back in seperate application. It just makes editing difficult.

Thanks!!!

• 4 weeks later...

I too find Wavepad is incapable of handling large files. These are the effects I've found:

* Stuffs up on very big files. For eg, a 78Mbyte WAV file - no way does it work.

This is unacceptable, since these files are created by an audio device (a pocket

recorder) who's output I _must_ be able to edit. This is what I bought wavepad to do. Potentially, this device can make files up to 512Mb long.

Its really not practical to assume that the whole of an audio file will fit into system memory - at some point, Wavepad must have to fall back to disk caching. Does Wavepad manage this itself, or leave it up to Windows to deal with? But Windows can't be guaranteed to keep the play queue in RAM filled, can it?

* On very big files, Wavepad also sometimes causes the OS to pop up a 'Drive C

is full' window, when it a) it definately isn't, and B) Windows is supposed to

be using a swap file on drive D: (on my machine), so whats it doing with C: ?

If it uses a temp file somewhere, how do I tell WavePad where (drive:path) to

put that file?

* Sometimes, the colour table for the waveform displays are screwed up, after

opening and closing several files. Background, waveform, cursor line and selection

can be any of the usual possible colours - even the same ones!

* There seems to be some memory allocation leak, since opening and closing

bigish files several times often causes wavepad to eventually go nuts.

Effects like screwed up button images, waveform colours, etc.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Guest
We will need to discuss about this and get back to you sometime next week.

I just bought the program before I noticed this issue. Besides getting tagged for 8 dollars for support, which was a mistake of the click. You have the 8 dollar support set as default. when i changed the items in my basket it went back to that.

That being said, while I am really messing up my large files, I am still waiting for an email to activate things. I bought two programs.

Now, considering the extra bucks I got tagged for, if you fix this issue, how much more will i be nailed?

Guest CMLane
I just bought the program before I noticed this issue. Besides getting tagged for 8 dollars for support, which was a mistake of the click. You have the 8 dollar support set as default. when i changed the items in my basket it went back  to that.

That being said, while I am really messing up my large files, I am still waiting for an email to activate things. I bought two programs.

Now, considering the extra bucks I got tagged for, if you fix this issue, how much more will i be nailed?

The above was from me. Here is my addition:

I was sent an email, which explained what I needed to do to get my application code. That's done, thanks. Now, my biggest suggestion is that NCH put a Subtotal Page before you click purchase. It sort of smacks of chicanery to have the default option set to an eight dollar charge for support. I had already clicked no support, but updated my purchase to two items. The support thing re-did itself. Obviously I am not going to raise a stink with my credit card company, but it will make me rethink future purchases. That's a shame because this company has what seems like unique products at a good price.