How to connect remote workers

ravd

How do I need to configure Express Talk on one of our remote workers PC, so that he can log in to Axon Virtual PBX in the office here? Can anyone guide me through the process?

To start with you need to set any firewalls to port forward the SIP and RTP ports to the phone (on the remote pc) and the Axon server (local pc). Check the port range you need as it varies a bit. I use 5060-5070 for SIP. You must also set the SIP server address in the remote phone and the account number and password.

If you get SIP ports wrong then it wont work. If you get the RTP ports wring you get connections but no audio.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I use that setup with alternative PBX packages with no problems but I cannot get it to work with Axon at the moment. The remote phone SIP register is received but always fails with 401. (It's driving me nuts as I need to use Axon for the voicemail.)

:rolleyes:

To start with you need to set any firewalls to port forward the SIP and RTP ports to the phone (on the remote pc) and the Axon server (local pc). Check the port range you need as it varies a bit. I use 5060-5070 for SIP. You must also set the SIP server address in the remote phone and the account number and password.

If you get SIP ports wrong then it wont work. If you get the RTP ports wring you get connections but no audio.

That's the good news. The bad news is that I use that setup with alternative PBX packages with no problems but I cannot get it to work with Axon at the moment. The remote phone SIP register is received but always fails with 401. (It's driving me nuts as I need to use Axon for the voicemail.)

Thanks a bunch, I will try it right away