.mp4 to .mp3

rocky0809

I have about 200 songs that are in the .mp4 format that I would like to convert to the .mp3 format. I know that switch converter is capable of .mp3 but gives me an error of a not supported codec for the .mp4. Is there any way a .mp4 codec could be created or is there already one.

I would like to use this product because of my extrem staisfaction with the WavePad editor so i expect this product (Switch) to be as great with the .mp4 codec.

I have tried other converters but they only let you convert 30 songs before stopping and som only convert the first minuter of the song.

Thank you for your Help,

James

• 2 weeks later...
I have about 200 songs that are in the .mp4 format that I would like to convert to the .mp3 format.  I know that switch converter is capable of .mp3 but gives me an error of a not supported codec for the .mp4.  Is there any way a .mp4 codec could be created or is there already one. 

I would like to use this product because of my extrem staisfaction with the WavePad editor so i expect this product (Switch) to be as great with the .mp4 codec.

I have tried other converters but they only let you convert 30 songs before stopping and som only convert the first minuter of the song.

Thank you for your Help,

James

Are people totally unaware that iTunes can convert tracks?

• 3 months later...
Are people totally unaware that iTunes can convert tracks?

your answer is not quite clear. I too have not been able to convert songs stored in my itunes folder (mp4 files) to mp3 so that I CAN BURN THEM USING SONIC OR ROXIO. So far Switch only gives a error message saying it does not recognize mp4 file format. HOW DO YOU GET AROUND THIS ISSUE.

I am new so excuse my ignorance, could you please put your solution in a step 1, step 2, etc. format.

thank you for your time and consideration.

Susan

I am new so excuse my ignorance, could you please put your solution in a step 1, step 2, etc. format.

Susan

Converting .mp4 to .mp3 using iTunes couldn't be simply. All I did was to click on the .mp4 file so that itunes started playing it. Then under the Advanced menu, there is a selection "Convert to mp3", use it.

Also, it is not necessary convert to mp3 if all you want to do is to burn an audio CD, iTunes can burn a playlist directly to a CD. To do this, create a playlist of he tracks you want to burn. Pnce you have created the playlist, the "browse" icon changes to a "burn" icon, click it and you are on your way. You can use the iTunes help with the phrase "burn CD" and that will return topics on how to do this if you need additional help..

BTW, I am using iTunes v6 under OSX 10.4.7. hope that helps.