How Do I Receive Stock to The Correct Location?

KCS

Hello,

I think I must be doing something wrong, because I can't believe the software actually works this way.

When I receive stock, either from a PO or specific items, all of the item information is auto-populated (item number, description, price) except location. I then have to go through and look up and manually enter the correct location for every single item in my order, which is a massive waste of time and seems absurd. Otherwise, Inventoria automatically assigns everything to the first location in my locations list, and then 99% of the items I've received suddenly have two locations and two quantities.

I contacted support, but I think I wasn't clear with my problem because the response I got said that's how the software works. If that's true, then I guess I'll delete Inventoria and go back to Excel.

Thanks for any advice.

• 3 months later...

I created a location called "Staging".
On the purchase order form, I set "Ship to location" to "Staging".
Not really a fix but at least YOU control where the items end up.

Somehow, one time, items actually went where they were supposed to go.
Not sure how that happened other than the Item was already in the system WITH a location, category, etc.  assigned.
I'm looking into this because doing inventory is bad enough without having to relocate newly received items.