IVM Telephone Attendant

direct

I'm on cable with Arris modem and Linksys RTP300 Router with two phones lines one for regular calls and one for fax - using Vonage service. PC has XP Pro. The NCH web site instructions say I should buy Vonage softphone service in order for NCH attendant to work. I want to be able to use the attendant for outbound calls (PC to land line) that leave a recorded message live or to an answering machine. Then, if the call resipient wants to leave a message or talk to a live person he can do so by dialing 1, hear the message again by dialing 2, and so on.

It is not clear how this works in practice. the NCH discription says "It connects - - - directly to a VOIP service". That sounds like I use my existing phone that is connected to the VOIP Router. However, in other sections it talks about voice modems. I have a Intel® 82801AA AC'97 audio controller. Do I connect a headset or special phone to this card to make it work? Do I need any other hardware or software to make this work for a simple 1 phone system?

I just want to have a better idea how this works what software hardware I need so I won't have the problems others are talking about on this forum.

I checked with Vonage and they show the requirements for their Softphone. Accordingly, I Need a voice full duplex modem with a head set or USB connected phone. So, I answered my own question. I'll check to see if my Intel® modem is full duplex, etc.