.dct files with express scribe

I've just downloaded express scribe for mac, and

trying to load a .dct file doesn't work. I've searched

around for codecs related to .dct and mac and found

little. also, switch doesn't seem to love the .dct format

either. any suggestions would be delightful.

a.

• 1 year later...

I'm having the same problem. This is frustrating. Why isn't NCH offering any help here?

Also, just wondering, has anyone been able to play a .dct file on their mac at all? This is the proprietary file format for Express Scribe so why doesn't it work?

Any help here at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs to be able to play this file format as their source of income!

• 2 months later...
I'm having the same problem. This is frustrating. Why isn't NCH offering any help here?

Also, just wondering, has anyone been able to play a .dct file on their mac at all? This is the proprietary file format for Express Scribe so why doesn't it work?

Any help here at all would be greatly appreciated. I'm sure I'm not the only one who needs to be able to play this file format as their source of income!

I have the same problem with a WMA file. I think I've got the solution. I just got a reply from NCH Support. They referred me to a plug-in called flip4mac. http://nch.com.au/components/mac I downloaded and installed. Then I dragged the file right into the ExpressScribe window and it played! Hope it works for you.

Fred Jacobowitz