Conversion m4p into mp3

I am trying to convert m4p music format (I-tunes) into mp3 format (preferrably at 320 kbps. Until now I did not find suitable software. Switch did not succeed either, but maybe I do something wrong. If so, how should I do it? If not, can anybody indicate software which will do the trick?

Thanks in advance

Louis Harmsen

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Louis! I have the same problem. I installed Switch and imported a cd with mp4. then I converted it to mp3 and pushed 'play'. Nothing. then I had Switch overwrite the songs and it saved them in my documents file. From there I imported a couple to i-tunes, pushed 'play'... nothing. No sound; it ran without sound.

then I coverted the song again in i-tunes, pushed 'play'.... no sound.

I saw that there is no mp4 format mentioned in the list, so I think it just doesn't work. Any suggestions, anyone?!?

Gerhard

• 2 weeks later...

I have noticed the same thing. However I have also noticed that when I use I-tunes to back up my cd's, they are stored as .m4a files - when purchased and downloaded they appear as .m4p files and cannot be switched, making me think of the .m4p files as 'protected'. If this is the case then I'm disappointed - I've bought the music, same as I would have on cd, and should be able to 'back up' or put that music where I want.

Time for the switch converter to step in methinks!!!

Any way round it?

• 5 months later...
I have noticed the same thing. However I have also noticed that when I use I-tunes to back up my cd's, they are stored as .m4a files - when purchased and downloaded they appear as .m4p files and cannot be switched, making me think of the .m4p files as 'protected'. If this is the case then I'm disappointed - I've bought the music, same as I would have on cd, and should be able to 'back up' or put that music where I want.

Time for the switch converter to step in methinks!!!

Any way round it?

Hi, did you manage to find a wy of converting m4p files? If you did, could you let me know how please?

Mike

• 2 weeks later...