Is this product any Good ?

Markro

Hi,

I am considering getting IVM attendant but have a number of queries, my main one being is this software any good ? and what is the support like for problems ??.

The other question I have is with Audio capture, I am planning on using a Dialogic D4PCIUEU board with XP and want to know that this is going to allow me capture good quality audio from the phone line ( i.e not affected in anyway by the recording process in IVM) as this is important to me along with reliably answering the incomming call.

How reliable is the IVM sw if left alone for a few hours will it perfrom ok or crash ?.

Also what is the audio capability for pushing audio to the Phone line ?.

Does anyone know if they support CAPI also for ISDN cards or only TAPI cards ( I can see only TAPI on website but thought I'd ask ).

Any replies very much appreciated.

I looked at quite a few programs of this type and decided on IVM because it was stable and reliable. A few features don't seem to work at the moment (on-screen caller ID of incoming calls). Others one might want are missing (e.g., a telephone ring through the speakers for non-blocked calls, a fast/slow flashing keyboard light for new/old messages, etc.). However, the program and help is very straightforward and I haven't purchased technical support yet.

I'd recommend trying it out, at least for a few days, before buying so that you're at least aware of which parts work and which do not.

I'd also recommend to set it to "Run as Service (before login). Show this user only." (This user is whichever logs in first.) Additional users should access messages using the web server feature and NOT launch a separate instance of ivm.exe since this will indeed break the answering machine functionality. (This seems true for all programs like IVM as well.) The setting "Run as Service (before login). Show all users" launches an instance of ivm.exe for all users. If you use fast-user switching, this is a problem the moment a second user logs into the machine.

I don't know about the board, but the sound quality is really good, even with the voice modem that came with my computer.