Selected region not at expected location

T. Hanson

This is an old thread, but I don't see other discussion of it so here's what I've observed. When I click at a given point to set the cursor, that is the playback position. However, when I stop playback at any point, even though the cursor appears to be at the place where I stopped, WavePad thinks my current position is the point where I *began* playback. If I try to select a region, it will be relative to the start of last playback, not the current cursor position. This is highly inconvenient when using playback to find a particular place. However I can apparently reset the cursor by using ctrl-G to set the cursor to the current visible position.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Ben. It's WavePad Masters Edition v6.02..

Again, playback always does begins from the current position.

However if I attempt to select a region by using shift-click, the start of the new selection is the point where I began playback, not the current position.

Hope that's clear. -- Trevor

Hi Trevor,

I am not able to reproduce the problem you describe. It's possible that this was an old bug and is now fixed. I would suggest downloading the trial of the new version and seeing if that solves your problem. If you still experience the problem then let me or support know.

Regards,

Ben 

• nchBen changed the title to Selected region not at expected location