Will not save edits to MP3 file

Pewit

I have edited a file and tried to save as MP3 with different commpression setings but all the changes I make (deleting silence at the begning of the file) are not saved, even though the diplay window shows the change has been made.

Is this a "reduced feature set" of the free version?

I am using XP SP2 and the Administrator account.

Paul

• 2 weeks later...
There is no restriction on saving a mp3 file in the free version. What error message do you get? Have you installed the mp3 encoder component? You may want to download and install it from nch.com.au/components.

I am in the same boat. I downloaded the encoader but it still will not save even though it goes through the motions. What else can it be?

Does it only happen to mp3 files? Can you save in other formats? I can send you a diagnostic version to help us figure out the problem.

The problem is only with MP3. I can save on other formats but I specifically need the MP3s. I would truly appreciate any diagnostic you can send me. Thank you.

-Melissa

Hi,

Does it happen to all the files or a particular file only? Have you tried to save in different folder and different mp3 settings?

You don't receive any error message?

Please send me an email with your email address and I will send you a diagnostic version. Please also attach the sample file that you failed to save. We just couldn't repeat the problem on our computers.

Thanks.

Hi,

I just down loaded the 3.02 version and tried the mp3 save. It worked for me. I have XP SP2 and the Administrator account as well.

CJ

Hi,

Does it happen to all the files or a particular file only? Have you tried to save in different folder and different mp3 settings?

You don't receive any error message?

Please send me an email with your email address and I will send you a diagnostic version.  Please also attach the sample file that you failed to save. We just couldn't repeat the problem on our computers.

Thanks.