Infinity IN-DIVUSB pedal probs...please help!

Chickadee

I used to have a serial port foot pedal that worked beautifully with Express Scribe, but my new USB port foot pedal just will not work with Express Scribe. It works fine with my other job, just not with Express Scribe.

I try the foot pedal wizard, and if I try GamePort1 or USBGame1 or GamePort2 or USBGame2, I get this error:

The foot pedals are not connected correctly to the selected port.

Check that you have selected the correct port and have plugged-in the cable from the foot pedals. If you have connected your cable to the correct port, check that you have a Game Controller driver (eg. 3 axis 4 button joystick) installed using the Game Controllers icon of the Windows Control Panel.

If you have made your own, check that you have connected pins 1, 3 and 6.

OK button

If I try the COM1 through COM4 port, it doesn't work (it is for a serial foot pedal and not a USB).

There is another selection called VEC Pedals USB, but it says "No VEC USB pedals are detected. Please check (a) that your pedals are VEC pedals and (be) that they are plugged in.

OK button.

For the heck of it I downloaded the VEC driver from Express Scribe, but it still doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this? I thought maybe I could buy some sort of adapter that I could plug the USB connector into and then plug that into the serial port, but after searching forever I cannot find such a device (can only find things that do the complete opposite--plug a serial device into an adapter that plugs into a USB port.

I'm stumped but really want to make this work! Please help if you can.

Thank you so much!

Chickadee

• 2 weeks later...

:D

I used to have a serial port foot pedal that worked beautifully with Express Scribe, but my new USB port foot pedal just will not work with Express Scribe.  It works fine with my other job, just not with Express Scribe.

I try the foot pedal wizard, and if I try GamePort1 or USBGame1 or GamePort2 or USBGame2, I get this error:

Check that you have selected the correct port and have plugged-in the cable from the foot pedals.  If you have connected your cable to the correct port, check that you have a Game Controller driver (eg. 3 axis 4 button joystick) installed using the Game Controllers icon of the Windows Control Panel.

OK button

If I try the COM1 through COM4 port, it doesn't work (it is for a serial foot pedal and not a USB).

There is another selection called VEC Pedals USB, but it says "No VEC USB pedals are detected.  Please check (a) that your pedals are VEC pedals and (be) that they are plugged in.

OK button. 

For the heck of it I downloaded the VEC driver from Express Scribe, but it still doesn't work.

Has anyone else experienced this?  I thought maybe I could buy some sort of adapter that I could plug the USB connector into and then plug that into the serial port, but after searching forever I cannot find such a device (can only find things that do the complete opposite--plug a serial device into an adapter that plugs into a USB port.

I'm stumped but really want to make this work!  Please help if you can.

Thank you so much!

Chickadee

I am having a similar problem with a game port infinity pedal with a usb adaptor. Did you ever get any satisfaction from your original query? Iget the same error response regardless of the choice of pedal I make?

Regards

Maurice Fletcher

I used to have a serial port foot pedal that worked beautifully with Express Scribe, but my new USB port foot pedal just will not work with Express Scribe.  It works fine with my other job, just not with Express Scribe.

Check that you have selected the correct port and have plugged-in the cable from the foot pedals.  If you have connected your cable to the correct port, check that you have a Game Controller driver (eg. 3 axis 4 button joystick) installed using the Game Controllers icon of the Windows Control Panel.

OK button

There is another selection called VEC Pedals USB, but it says "No VEC USB pedals are detected.  Please check (a) that your pedals are VEC pedals and (be) that they are plugged in.

OK button. 

Has anyone else experienced this?  I thought maybe I could buy some sort of adapter that I could plug the USB connector into and then plug that into the serial port, but after searching forever I cannot find such a device (can only find things that do the complete opposite--plug a serial device into an adapter that plugs into a USB port.

I'm stumped but really want to make this work!  Please help if you can.

Thank you so much!

Chickadee

Hi Maurice. Someone finally told me that my particular pedal wouldn't work...that it was more of a proprietary pedal. I bought a used pedal that now works. It is an Infinity IN-USB-1. I hope this helps.

Chickadee

I am having a similar problem with a game port infinity pedal with a usb adaptor.  Did you ever get any satisfaction from your original query?  Iget the same error response regardless of the choice of pedal I make?

Regards

Maurice Fletcher