How to pan/zoom across a single image?

Squibbellion

Very simple question: How do I start a pan effect on a single image, starting at the bottom of the image, and panning to the top, while already zoomed in on the image (constant percentage of zoom) from the beginning to end of the clip? I can't find any help online anywhere so far, and it's just not obvious from the software interface itself.

Also, when attempting to use the animation editor feature (when following the tutorial video on YouTube), the animation line and parameter menus have vanished from the interface, for no apparent reason. How do I get them back?

One way...

Set the ZOOM effect as desired.

Open the POSITION effect and, with the red line at the beginning of the shot, drag the crosshatch in the preview window until the image is off-screen - to the bottom in this example.  In the PRESET drop-down box, choose SLIDE UP (shown here) or SLIDE DOWN, if that's your aim.

To see the animation editor, click the icon pointed to by the top arrow in the image below.  To see individual parameters click an icon pointed to by the lower arrow.  In this example only the parameters for the position effect have been enabled, as indicated by the vertical |  to the right of their icons.  Mouse over any icon and a pop up will describe what it does.

VP_Zoom_Pan.jpg