RTP Relaying from host inside NAT

pabrey

Has anyone been able to transfer an outside call with Axon on a host behind a NAT to an extension outside of the NAT private network? The call transfers correctly, but there is no Audio in the call. I don't think it's possible with the current version of Axon (1.06). I think it needs to implement an RTP proxy/redirector/relayer. I did a little research and some people out there have written software to do this. I hope NCH takes this into account on the next version. It would be very beneficial to businesses with a Virtual Office Structure (people not located in one place).

Has anyone been able to transfer an outside call with Axon on a host behind a NAT to an extension outside of the NAT private network? The call transfers correctly, but there is no Audio in the call.  I don't think it's possible with the current version of Axon (1.06).  I think it needs to implement an RTP proxy/redirector/relayer.  I did a little research and some people out there have written software to do this.  I hope NCH takes this into account on the next version.  It would be very beneficial to businesses with a Virtual Office Structure (people not located in one place).

i've had the same problem also in 1.04. but if pres hold a few times in the phone o can hear the audio.

try this trick and let me know

I figured out that the RTP connection was not established because of the way I was testing the system out. I was testing things out by calling into the PBX using a (Vonage) VoIP line that was on the same private network. The external line connected to the PBX is a different (Softphone) line from Vonage. So I would call from my home line, it would go out to the Vonage server to resolve the number, and come back into my private network where the PBX is setup on a PC behind a NAT router. Then when the call was transferred to an outside extesion, outside the private network, there was no audio. My knowledge of RTP is limited, but I'm guessing my router had some kind of problem with what was going on (Maybe it cannot have two outgoing RTP streams simultaneously). So after figuring this setup might be a problem, I called into the PBX from a land line and everything was fine.

There is no problem with relaying RTP from inside a NAT or through a NAT, as long as the public IP address is found using UPnP, STUN, or static.