OGM routing

mnwebdesign

I have an Intel 537EP modem, it is TAPI compliant. I have one phone line with 2 numbers and I will be adding a 3rd number to this line, so I don't want to use software based (minimum ring interval). I have 2 OGM, one for each line. I get 2 different DRN's reported in the log file, 4012 and 6078 (end 2 numbers do vary a little bit from each call). In Settings I am using hardware based distinctive ring.

In the 'Default Answering Message' I checked 'Use number ID Validity Checking' and selected Distinctive Ring. I want the short ring to go to 'My New OGM', so I tried:

If DRN starts with 40 skip to 'My New OGM'

and

If DRN doesn't start with 40 skip to 'Default Answering Message'

In both cases, it will route one of the rings correctly, but the other goes to the wrong OGM.

It seems as though my modem is detecting the DRN correctly, as the numbers change in the log file. Can anyone offer some other advice?

I have an Intel 537EP modem, it is TAPI compliant. I have one phone line with 2 numbers and I will be adding a 3rd number to this line, so I don't want to use software based (minimum ring interval). I have 2 OGM, one for each line. I get 2 different DRN's reported in the log file, 4012 and 6078 (end 2 numbers  do vary a little bit from each call). In Settings I am using hardware based distinctive ring.

In the 'Default Answering Message' I checked 'Use number ID Validity Checking' and selected Distinctive Ring. I want the short ring to go to 'My New OGM', so I tried:

If DRN starts with 40 skip to 'My New OGM'

and

If DRN doesn't start with 40 skip to 'Default Answering Message'

In both cases, it will route one of the rings correctly, but the other goes to the wrong OGM.

It seems as though my modem is detecting the DRN correctly, as the numbers change in the log file. Can anyone offer some other advice?

Send me a copy of log and I'll try to help, also what version of IVM - alan@norstarservice.com

• 1 month later...

I have a similar problem, except a little worse. I also have 3 distinctive ring numbers on a single phone line (single ring, double ring, and a short-long-short ring). Unfortunately, IVM is not receiving DRN information from my modem. It's a Creative Modem Blaster DI5633 and it does have hardware DRN built-in. Here is part of the modem's INF file:

----

; Copyright © Broadxent Pte Ltd 2001

; HCF DataFax/PCI/WIN2000 INF

; Version 2.1.2.173.010.000

; By Huipeng 2002

[DRing]

HKR, EnableDistinctiveRing,1,,"at+vdr=1,5<cr>"

HKR,,ForwardDelay, 1, 88, 13

HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>DRON=", 1, 91, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00

HKR, Responses, "<cr><lf>DROF=", 1, 92, 00, 00,00,00,00, 00,00,00,00

----

In Settings - Devices - Advanced VoIP Account Settings, I have checked the Use Hardware Distinctive Ring. (I'm not using VoIP -- why is this setting here??)

What happens is:

number 1 reports drn[1 (6000ms)] and caller id shows up properly

number 2 reports drn[1 (59xxms)] and caller id shows up properly

number 3 reports drn[1 (59xxms)] and caller id shows UNKNOWN

(xx varies, but is only somewhat smaller than 100, and there's no difference in reporting when calling number 1 and number 2 )

It's almost as if the short-long-short ring for number 3 throws off the ring count of IVM and so it assumes caller id information should have occurred already by the second ring... but it's really the first ring and so it reports UNKNOWN.

The modem clearly supports both caller id and distinctive ring. Any ideas about how to get it to work properly with IVM?

Thanks,

Seth