Speech to Text

Tbuck

Thank you for your response. I was, actually, able to get Dragon to read my dictation files, however, after reviewing what it transcribed I was quite disappointed as every word was incorrect. I now know that I have to load voice files for each new voice I want Dragon to recognize, however, I just haven't figured out how to do that yet. Without a set of instructions I'm lost.

I look forward to hearing from you further regarding your findings and any helpful input you might have for me as to what I need to do to be able to get Dragon to read my dictation tapes properly.

Thank you, again, for your response.

I've been using Express Scribe for my transcription business for the last year and I just recently purchased NaturallySpeaking 8 Preferred to use with Express Scribe.

The challenge I'm having is that I can't find any instructions on how to use Express Scribe and NatuallySpeaking together, so I'm having difficulty connecting the two programs and having them work simultaneously. 

Any assistance anyone can give me would be greatly appreciated.

• 4 months later...
Guest nchpm

There is an entire section of the Express Scribe Help notes called "Speech to Text (Speech Recognition)" that deals with this subject.

With Express Scribe running, press <F1> or click 'Help -> Help Contents' to display the Help notes.

nchpm

There is an entire section of the Express Scribe Help notes called "Speech to Text (Speech Recognition)" that deals with this subject.

With Express Scribe running, press <F1> or click 'Help -> Help Contents' to display the Help notes.

nchpm

I, of course, referred to the Help Contents in Express Scribe first, however, the "entire section" you refer to is less than a page long and is very vague. I am, certainly, not so clueless that I would not access Express Scribe's Help section.

If you use Speech to Text I would appreciate any input from you, if not, then there is really no need for you to respond to my posting.

Thank you.

• 10 months later...
Thank you for your response.  I was, actually, able to get Dragon to read my dictation files, however, after reviewing what it transcribed I was quite disappointed as every word was incorrect.  I now know that I have to load voice files for each new voice I want Dragon to recognize, however, I just haven't figured out how to do that yet.  Without a set of instructions I'm lost. 

I look forward to hearing from you further regarding your findings and any helpful input you might have for me as to what I need to do to be able to get Dragon to read my dictation tapes properly.

Thank you, again, for your response.

Any speech recognition program, including Dragon, requires an initial set-up training section for each individual speaker. It's unrealistic to expect "Dragon" to

correctly recognize any recorded voice you throw at it.

It would just be too good!