MT5600ZDX multitech modem

lawrence

Dear all,

I had installed Zdx multitech 56K modem and on entering and querying the modem properties from the control panel/diagnostics the responce of command

AT#CLS=? was 0,1,2,

Does that mean that the modem is not 100% compliant? Would anyone please advice the way forward since the IVM setting/devices is not accepting the modem since it reports not TAPI COMPLIANT.

Thanks. :huh:

• 3 months later...
Dear all,

I had installed Zdx multitech 56K modem and on entering and querying the modem properties from the control panel/diagnostics the responce of command

AT#CLS=? was 0,1,2,

Does that mean that the modem is not 100% compliant?  Would anyone please advice the way forward since the IVM setting/devices is not accepting the modem since it reports not TAPI COMPLIANT.

Thanks.  :huh:

I'm having the same trouble... windows says that query is not supported. I'm confused because the order pin P/N: MT5656ZDX -V but the model number doesn't have the V on it. what a headache this software is becoming!

I'm having the same trouble... windows says that query is not supported. I'm confused because the order pin P/N: MT5656ZDX -V but the model number doesn't have the V on it. what a headache this software is becoming!

I emailed multitech support and they replied with this:

The modem in question is most likely a voice modem.

To verify this fact use Hyperterminal and give command Ati ENTER.

The command for setting voice mode on this modem is AT+FCLASS=8 and to display its capabilities do AT+FCLASS=? Then ENTER

The GENDER CHANGER should have no effect on the voice capabilities, however, if the GENDER CHANGER is of the wrong type you might not be able to send commands to the modem.

Any thoughts on this? NCH says resolutely if the command ATCLS doesn't fly then it isn't voice... I'm really unimpressed with how far NCH will go to support it's customers. It's ridiculous that their customers have to trip around like this trying to solve problems in implementing their software so much.