How can I use up to 64 lines? please PLEASE!!

Guest Smithy @ Cornwall UK

Guest Smithy @ Cornwall UK

Hi,

Thankyou for reading this post! (no really, THANK YOU!!)

I have an enterprise version of the IVM program, which I purchased quite a while back now, hopefully someone might (PLEASE!!) be able to help me with what might seem to them like a pathetic IT simpletons question!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

In theory I should be able to connect up to 64 lines to my computer, I dont need or want quite this many (think of the line rental!!) but how could I do this?

From what I can gather with the right TAPI voice modem or telephony card I can see that they can come with up to 8 or even 16 RJ sockets ( or whatever the connection is called), but how does one connect any more devices or lines to the PC if required?

Would one of those netgear rj 45 switchy what not thingys do the job and expand the available ports or am I barking up the wrong biscuit tin?

As you can gather a simplistic solution might be best for me or as always a cheap(ish) solution, but please any relevent information at all on this is much appreciated!!

In antisipation <(spelt wrong I know) Thankyou once a gain!

Guest coolbreeze
Hi,

Thankyou for reading this post!  (no really, THANK YOU!!)

I have an enterprise version of the IVM program, which I purchased quite a while back now,  hopefully someone might (PLEASE!!) be able to help me with what might seem to them like a pathetic IT simpletons question!

Thank you in advance for your help!!

In theory I should be able to connect up to 64 lines to my computer, I dont need or want quite this many (think of the line rental!!) but how could I do this?

From what I can gather with the right TAPI voice modem or telephony card I can see that they can come with  up to 8 or even 16 RJ sockets ( or whatever the connection is called), but how does one connect any more devices or lines to the  PC if required?

Would one of those netgear rj 45 switchy what not thingys do the job and expand the available ports or am I barking up the wrong biscuit tin?

As you can gather a simplistic solution might be best for me or as always a cheap(ish) solution, but please any relevent information at all on this is much appreciated!!

In antisipation <(spelt wrong I know) Thankyou once a gain!

Before a meaningful answer can be rendered, it might be nice if you could provide more specifics...how many lines do you need outgoing? how many ingoing?

As a general case, more than 8 lines would be best served by a smart telephony board such as those made by Intel (Dialogic) or some of the other hardware offered on this site.

Again, need more info from your side to provide an effective response

Coolbreeze in US

Guest Smithy UK
Before a meaningful answer can be rendered, it might be nice if you could provide more specifics...how many lines do you need outgoing?  how many ingoing?

As a general case, more than 8 lines would be best served by a smart telephony board such as those made by Intel (Dialogic) or some of the other hardware offered on this site.

Again, need more info from your side to provide an effective response

Coolbreeze in US

Hi,

Thankyou for responding so promptly.

Most if not all of the lines would be incoming.

At first I might only need approx 10 to 20 incoming lines, but, I would like the option of being able to easily connect up to the maximum no. of lines, and if possible already have the hardware in place to do so, if required, unless of course its very expensive.

Thanks again

Guest Scott D
Hi,

Thankyou for responding so promptly.

Most if not all of the lines would be incoming.

At first I might only need approx 10 to 20 incoming lines, but, I would like the option of being able to easily connect up to the maximum no. of  lines, and if possible already have the hardware in place to do so, if required, unless of course its very expensive. 

Thanks again

I would like to to know about this also, any further assistance much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...

You can easily accommodate 64 lines using Dialogic telephony boards available in a 16, 32 or 64 port density - it is irrelevant if they are incoming or outgoing.

I suggest starting with a 16 port board as you can add another when you need it. Don't use any other make of boards if you need reliability

Let me know if you need help or where to buy new or used boards

alan@norstarservice.com :D

Guest Smithy
You can easily accommodate 64 lines using Dialogic telephony boards available in a 16, 32 or 64 port density  - it is irrelevant if they are incoming or outgoing.

I suggest starting with a 16 port board as you can add another when you need it. Don't use any other make of boards if you need reliability

Let me know if you need help or where to buy new or used boards

alan@norstarservice.com :D

Thanks for your help phone guy, yes any advice on where to buy new or used boards is much appreciated, i do have a dialogic dti 212 uk board I have purchased for a pittance but have no idea if its actually tapi complient - im guessing it isnt, but thought i better get it at the price on the off chance.

Thanks again

• 2 weeks later...

The higher density Dialogic boards do not support TAPI, so you will not be able to use IVM with those cards.

To use more then 12 lines look at other software eg: www.VoiceGuide.com

(It can support up to 300 lines per server).

Also, there is a 16 channel Dialogic card (DMV160LS) but there are no 32 or 64 channel Dialogic cards. There are 24, 30, 48, 60 and 96/120 port Dialogic cards - but they all use T1 or E1 lines (Dialogic does not supply TAPI drivers for any of these.)

Also, the reason why Dialogic stopped supporting TAPI is because they could never get it to work 100% - every now and then channels will drop out and sound files will not play - this especially happens the larger the system gets...

This is a problem with Dialogic drivers themselves...

(software from www.VoiceGuide.com does not use TAPI drivers with Dialogic cards - it controls the Dialogic cards using Dialogic's own API - which is what all the professional IVR software out there does...)