One into Six

Guest Hattrick58

Guest Hattrick58

I've downloaded a very large MP3 file which is actually an entire side of an album (an epic, actually). The original production was designed to tell a story and is broken up into several different "chapters", if you will (those of you familiar w/ Canada's rock trio Rush will be familiar with their classic "2112"). I would like to make each "chapter" it's own MP3. I know WavePad has this capability, I just need some guidance. Thanks. Hattrick58

• 3 weeks later...
Guest JRover

You and I have the same problem.

I have a first class collection of a multitude of music styles on tape stretching back into the early 70's. I have bought a Plus 2c conversion deck that is simple to use and converts the tape to digital (native wave, MP3, or many other formats of my choice). The problem is how to clean these large single tracks up, seperate them back into individual tracks, id them, and reassemble them back into an album file such that my Nerous digital audio computer can recognize them by Artist, Album and Track.

It seems that if I cleaned the entire file and them copied each Track to a new sequentially numbered file by Track on an external hard drive I could them recombine them back into a master album file at least ID'd by Artist and Album.

This looks like it would work but it seems like a real chore to do to get where I want to go.

Hopefully someone else has needed or wanted to do something similar and can help us both.