Applying Multiple Payments

rockwell.c

I have multiple customers that are billed each month on recurring invoices. When I receive their payments, is there a way that I can call up a list like the "Customer List", opt for a particular customer and apply payments to that customer in an "Edit" type of mode?

On the main computer, if you go to APPLY PAYMENTS (Command + Y), you will get a box that displays payment options. Select your customer and you will see all of their invoices displayed. If you only want to see the invoices that are outstanding, uncheck the box at the bottom that says, show paid invoices.

In this dialogue box, enter the payment information at the top. Then double click on the applied amount to adjust as needed. Make sure you adjust the other applied amounts as well since it may or may not default correctly. Click the apply payment to invoice bar, then the record button.

You can also access this list from

• the customer list, by selecting a customer. The PAYMENT icon will light up at the top when you do. Click on that.
  • the invoice list, by selecting an invoice. The PAYMENT icon will light up again.

In my version 3.99 on a Mac, I have to verify every time I apply a payment that is not going toward the oldest outstanding invoice. See this thread for more information on that: http://nch.invisionzone.com/index.php?/topic/20867-apply-payment-to-invoice/

I don't really see a way to be able to do the above with the web access. It doesn't want to give you a list of the invoices.

Hope this helps!

Teri