MP3 file won't play

Guest PeriPro

Guest PeriPro

I have used Express Scribe for over 3 years and haven't had much problems loading and playing MP3 audio files, whether they were on CD or downloaded from a website. Yesterday I downloaded one of these MP3 files into my Express Scribe software and it appeared on the file queue, as always. However, the duration time stayed at 0.00, so it was not playable. It was not that large of a file, and I could listen to it through my Real One player. I know sometimes there's a wait for the file to load completely, but this is usually when the audio is on CD. Can someone tell me if this is a problem with the originating source, or has the Express Scribe program become corrupted?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Guest
I have used Express Scribe for over 3 years and haven't had much problems loading and playing MP3 audio files, whether they were on CD or downloaded from a website. Yesterday I downloaded one of these MP3 files into my Express Scribe software and it appeared on the file queue, as always. However, the duration time stayed at 0.00, so it was not playable. It was not that large of a file, and I could listen to it through my Real One player. I know sometimes there's a wait for the file to load completely, but this is usually when the audio is on CD. Can someone tell me if this is a problem with the originating source, or has the Express Scribe program become corrupted?

:( Whew! Glad it's not just me! I'm having the same problem. Half of my mp3 audio files were no problem to open and transcribe, but the other half will not open in Express Scribe although they play fine in Winamp and Windows MediaPlayer, but then I can't use a foot pedal to control it, which makes for a very long transcription! Anyone out there have an idea on what the problem may be? dcjet54

• 2 weeks later...

I encountered the same problem today and have not been able to resolve it. I can save the file but when it opens in ES, the duration time is 0 and it will not play. Plays fine in Real Player but with no foot pedal, that does me no good. Let me know if you've solved the problem. Another problem I have is when I go to "browse folders" the folders appear but my files do not show up. B)