Need help with Distinctive Ring

Guest aliceaod

Guest aliceaod

The guide says to call first with the regular ring so that you can get the DRN number and the milliseconds. I did that, I got the information. It was DRN[1 (6000ms)].

Then it says to call the distinctive ring line, let it answer, and get the second DRN number and milliseconds and to set the software for the milliseconds exactely inbetween the 2 numbers.

My problem is getting the IVM to answer the line with the distinctive ring so that I can get the information. IVM Answering Attendant won't answer it.

The way our distinctive ring works is that people dial an entirely different phone number from the main line. It's almost like having 2 phone lines, but it's really all on one line. The main number gives the regular ring, the second number gives the distinctive ring.

I need to set up the answering machine to answer the main line (which it does beautifully) and to also answer the alternate phone number which gives the distinctive ring.

If it will not answer the main line plus the distinctive ring all together, I would like to set it up to answer the distinctive ring line, (the main line has voice mail capabilites and isn't as important as the distinctive ring line).

I'm stumped. Anyone out there have a solution?

Guest aliceaod

Oh, it might help to know that I have an HSP56MR(SIS) MODEM and WIN 2K PRO OS. I still have not been able to figure out the right "switches" to pull to get this to work with the distinctive ring. It still will not answer the distinctive ring line.

Guest aliceaod
Oh, it might help to know that I have an HSP56MR(SIS) MODEM and WIN 2K PRO OS.  I still have not been able to figure out the right "switches" to pull to get this to work with the distinctive ring. It still will not answer the distinctive ring line.

Well, thanks anyways kiddies. I went ahead and uninstalled the program. I can't get it to work either because my modem doesn't support distinctive ring or something else, I don't know what. I won't be buying this program. Sorry.