Problems from AAC to MP3

Guest Joe Alessi

Guest Joe Alessi

Help..

I'm losing the will to live.. why can't things be easy? Like it says on the box..?

I'm trying to convert a party compilation which i made in iTunes which uses AAC, into MP3, so i can place the compilation into another program which will crossfade the tracks. It was all going so well until the following error message popped up for one of the tracks (and as it turned out, for quite a few other tracks too!):

Cannot open the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes\Expansions\01 Expansions.m4p". This means that either the file format is not supported by this program or that a required codec or plugin is not installed. Please see www.nch.com.au/acm/formats.html for more information

I have a suspicion that the tracks affected by this error message are the ones i downloaded from the iTunes store.

Any ideas, anybody? 'Codecs'? 'Plugins'?

All the best

Joe, London

Guest Ohgreed

Same thing here. I know the AAC files bought from the Music Store are protected. I thought that SWITCH was going to convert the AAC files to MP3 but it doesn't work. Everytime I select my AA files to convert to MP3, the program shuts down automatically w/out notice. I can convert to WAV format at no problems but not to MP3. Weird isn't it ? :(

Help..

I'm losing the will to live.. why can't things be easy? Like it says on the box..?

I'm trying to convert a party compilation which i made in iTunes which uses AAC, into MP3, so i can place the compilation into another program which will crossfade the tracks. It was all going so well until the following error message popped up for one of the tracks (and as it turned out, for quite a few other tracks too!):

Cannot open the file "C:\Documents and Settings\Joe\My Documents\My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music\Lonnie Liston Smith & The Cosmic Echoes\Expansions\01 Expansions.m4p". This means that either the file format is not supported by this program or that a required codec or plugin is not installed. Please see www.nch.com.au/acm/formats.html for more information

I have a suspicion that the tracks affected by this error message are the ones i downloaded from the iTunes store.

All the best

Joe, London

Same thing here. I know the AAC files bought from the Music Store are protected. I thought that SWITCH was going to convert the AAC files to MP3 but it doesn't work. Everytime I select my AA files to convert to MP3, the program shuts down automatically w/out notice. I can convert to WAV format at no problems but not to MP3. Weird isn't it ? :(

Ditto, same here. Switch simply shuts down upon clicking the convert button.

I doubt Switch (or any non-Apple product for that matter) could handle Apple DRM-protected AAC files. Your best bet is to burn those tracks to CD and rip 'em using EAC/LAME to get high quality MP3 files.

Cheers.

I doubt Switch (or any non-Apple product for that matter) could handle Apple DRM-protected AAC files. Your best bet is to burn those tracks to CD and rip 'em using EAC/LAME to get high quality MP3 files.

Cheers.

But what r u supposed 2 do if u can't burn cd's because your drives are unaccessbile?? If neone knows how 2 help me fix this problem, I would b most grateful 2 them! :D:unsure:

Same thing here. I know the AAC files bought from the Music Store are protected. I thought that SWITCH was going to convert the AAC files to MP3 but it doesn't work. Everytime I select my AA files to convert to MP3, the program shuts down automatically w/out notice. I can convert to WAV format at no problems but not to MP3. Weird isn't it ?

Same problem here. And the files are not protected (m4a)

Any solutions??

Thanks

Try JHymn

Can convert m4b and m4p to m4a oder mp3!!

No Protection anymore! Enjoy!

• 2 weeks later...

I downloaded swift a couple of days ago solely for RealMedia to mp3 converting.

Then today I found a few m4A tracks on my hard drive which don't play in my current media player (I ditched i-tunes)

Anyway, on a whim i just thought I'd try and see if Switch would convert them...

and yeah, it worked fine.

First of all the codec/plugin for AAC was missing but the soft automatically downloaded whatever it needed then I quit it, restarted it and converted without problems.

The tracks I converted weren't DRM'd so maybe you have a copy protection issue-

Switch worked for me.