Adjustment for Loud, Distorted Audio

AngieBabie

I have the WavePad Sound Master’s Edition and am a novice. I have read the Help page but need further explanation on all of the available settings. Is there a site available with more detailed instructions?

At the moment, I’m trying to adjust the audio of several audiobook recordings, which probably originally came from cassette tapes. Several of them have audio that is way too loud, and distorted. The volume level was probably set too high. I’ve tried several times but don’t really know which tool to use for this purpose.

Thank you very much.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Alex Chapman

Hi,

I'm not sure what the best way to clean up your distorted recordings is, but you could try the 'Cleanup' section on the 'Effects' tab.

The best way to get started in WavePad is just to try things out. It tries to be as intuitive as possible. Click to place the cursor, click and drag to selection some audio, scroll to zoom. To apply an effect make a selection and then click on the effect's button. Most effects have a 'help' button where you can get more information about how to use them. If you have a specific question try asking here on the forum.

Alex