There is something wrong with payments

MadCatZA

There is something wrong with payments when applying it to invoices. It seems to "Split" the amounts between multiple existing unpaid invoices when you select a invoice which is not the latest invoice, you have to then manually remove the amounts from the applied fields and hit enter otherwise everything gets messed up and invoices get amounts applied to which should not get. Tech dept please review your software and provide a fix, or if somebody else has a fix please provide a download link. Thanks.

Hi there, I posted about this in the Topic called, "Apply Payments to Invoice." I had the same problem as you. It was applying payments as partial payments instead of to the correct invoice. It was even passing over older invoices and applying to newer ones. I had tech support helping me on this but was still unable to get it to work. Then:

Okay. I don't know why this worked and I'm not sure yet which is the "magic" step. But here's what I did:

Go to the payment screen.

Enter the payment information in the upper boxes.

Double click on the amount applied in the large box for applying a payment to a certain invoice. Put in the correct amount. Zero out the others or put in the appropriate amounts.

I've done those steps before. Here comes the weird part - and remember I don't know which is the ticket:

Uncheck the "Show Paid Invoices" box.

Recheck the "Show Paid Invoices" box.

Double click on the line of the invoice you want to pay.

Double click on the "Apply Payment to Invoice" bar.

Click on Record payment.

I successfully entered 3 payments for one customer this way and it's still showing a previous invoice as unpaid, which is accurate. YES!! Phew.

Hope this helps you!

Hi there, I posted about this in the Topic called, "Apply Payments to Invoice." I had the same problem as you. It was applying payments as partial payments instead of to the correct invoice. It was even passing over older invoices and applying to newer ones. I had tech support helping me on this but was still unable to get it to work. Then:

Okay. I don't know why this worked and I'm not sure yet which is the "magic" step. But here's what I did:

Go to the payment screen.

Enter the payment information in the upper boxes.

Double click on the amount applied in the large box for applying a payment to a certain invoice. Put in the correct amount. Zero out the others or put in the appropriate amounts.

I've done those steps before. Here comes the weird part - and remember I don't know which is the ticket:

Uncheck the "Show Paid Invoices" box.

Recheck the "Show Paid Invoices" box.

Double click on the line of the invoice you want to pay.

Double click on the "Apply Payment to Invoice" bar.

Click on Record payment.

I successfully entered 3 payments for one customer this way and it's still showing a previous invoice as unpaid, which is accurate. YES!! Phew.

Hope this helps you!

Hello. Thankyou for your help. I did however come right in a similar way, this does not excuse NCH from fixing there software, hence I am asking for a fix because I will not commit to purchasing broken software.