Olympus DirectRec DR-1200 microphone not recognized

dtalexander69

Hello everyone.

I a not sure if this forum is still being monitored but I could really use some assistance. I purchased a brand new Olympus DirectRec DR-1200 microphone that was recommended by NCH to use with my Express Dictate Medical Legal software. However, I cannot get Express Dictate to recognize the new mike. It is installed properly and when I open Express Dictate, I go under Audio Device Setup and the microphone passes all of the tests and I can hear it saying Express Dictate Volume Check through the microphone speaker. However, when I go under Controller Setup Wizard, it does not show/recognize the microphone under plug and play devices even though it is connected and seems to be working fine otherwise. So, I cannot dictate anything. I tried it on two different systems and the same result. The system is running Windows XP SP3 along with a registered version 5.72 of Express Dictate. When I connected the mike, it installed the necessary drivers so I don't think that is an issue either. Can you please help me to figure out why this microphone is not being recognized as I must get this resolved before Monday morning? Is there something else I need to do as this is one the microphones recommended by NCH and it is actually sold as a bundle with Express Dictate? Thank you so very much.

Hello,

Please note that Olympus changed the way they support 3rd party programs/apps and that while you can use the new DR microphones with Express Dictate, they are not directly configurable within Express Dictate. You will need to use the included Olympus Configuration Utility that came with your Olympus device to utilize the hot-key functions of Express Dictate.

You can find detailed setup instructions here: http://www.nch.com.au/express/kb/1634.html

-Team AltoEdge