I only want to buy the pro VP if the "Building Preview" problem has been fixed. Has it?

GDswamp

I've been using the free trial version of VideoPad to work with a pile of videos I'm analyzing as part of my field research (I study carnivores in Kenya).

The software's just right for my (very simple) needs, except for the major problem of the intensely slow "Building Preview)" process, that starts from scratch every time I make any cuts to my clips, and takes for…….ever. Without the preview I can't scrub up and down the timeline of my videos, which is the main thing I need to do with this software.

I searched these forums and saw that this was a common problem, at least back in the earlier iterations of Version 3 (my demo is v3.03).

Has it been fixed? If so I'll buy and download the latest version. If not, I need to move on...

- AG in PA.

The software's just right for my (very simple) needs, except for the major problem of the intensely slow "Building Preview)" process, that starts from scratch every time I make any cuts to my clips, and takes for…….ever. Without the preview I can't scrub up and down the timeline of my videos, which is the main thing I need to do with this software.

Detail your system's specs. Rendering may vary among VP versions. The older 2.4x series allegedly was swifter, but less full featured. It's still available, but not for all operating systems and productions made in 2.4x should stay in 2.4x.