Video avi file imports as audio file

ridered

I am running videopad 3.12 and have several avi video files that import as audio in the tool. I see there an an option to move the files from one bin to another but it is greyed out when selecting the imported file. The spec say this tool can support avi audio and video as imports. If that is the case then why does my avi video file import as an audio. This is preventing me from using this avi file in the project.

Why does my avi video file import as an audio? This is preventing me from using this avi file in the project.

Perhaps the AVI wrapper contains a file type that VP cannot use. Perhaps a codec is missing?

You might try converting the file to another format, using NCH Prism (free), then attempt another import.

http://www.nchsoftware.com/prism/index.html

I can convert but wanted to avoid that. These clips were created in Go Pro Cinema as an avi. they are video files that work windows movie player, window media player, avs4you. etc. Odd that video pad is making them forced to audio. Why does the move to bin not work and is greyed out. This is for all types both video and audio.