Recording from an on-line radio with WavePad

Guest Marta

famp7@yahoo.de

Is it possible to record something played (with Quicktime or Windows Media Player)from a webpage ? I have to record some discussions on an internet radiostation but it doesn´t work - the sound is barely audible or overdriven - what shall I do? :blink: I tried every possible "in-put" but it doesn`t help. Is it possible, that my soundcard (Realtek AC97) can´t record and play at the same time???

Please, help me!

Marta

• 2 weeks later...

Marta, it's very easy. You just need to change your recording options. It's faint because it is probably trying to record via a microphone. If you normally use it to record via mic, it thinks you are still doing it. Go to your recording options and UNcheck the microphone from the faders and CHECK the Mixer.

Then, start recording (I use voice-activated, so it waits until I start playing my audio - very nice), and start playing your internet radio audio. Toggle back to wavepad and you should be able to see the volume. Adjust your volume accordingly.

If you have any problems, you can contact me at http://www.AudioEditingAndPodcasting.com. There's a QMTP (message box) on the top right side - just leave me a message.

I'm a Wavepad fanatic, and teach my clients how to use Wavepad for podcasting and recording audio books, etc.

famp7@yahoo.de

Is it possible to record something played (with Quicktime or Windows Media Player)from a webpage ? I have to record some discussions on an internet radiostation but it doesn´t work - the sound is barely audible or overdriven - what shall I do?  :blink:    I tried every possible "in-put" but it doesn`t help. Is it possible, that my soundcard (Realtek AC97) can´t record and play at the same time???

Please, help me!

Marta