debut, problem with audio quality

rop

I just downloaded and try the free version of Debut to capture streaming video (adobe flash) from the web browser.

Video quality is excellent, but annoyingly, I get a "scratching" noise added in the recorded audio track.

I set all audio quality settings to maximum, and tried different video-formats (wmv, mpg, mp4). Also tried lowering the frame-rate, lowered the output-volume from the video to avoid possible distortion, etc, but the result remains just the same.

Annoying noise in the audio track.

Any clue what could be the problem?

• 1 month later...

There is static on the first time recorded playback (each time it is opened), but once playback is completed, all of the next future playbacks do not have the static/scratching noise. Only when closing & reopening the recording (on the first time playback is there static). Is there a setting that isn't correct, somewhere? I've looked at all of the settings & they appear to be good. What's weird is that it's only on the first playback ofter opening a recording. If I play it repeated times after it is opened (without closing it), there is no more static. It's as if after the first playback is completed, a setting or something is being changed & there is no more static. I would like to know what setting is being changed after the first playback is complete, so I can make the change before playing the first playback of a recording; for the static to not be present on the first playback.