Fade transition not working in exported video

edlvrt

Hello all. This is my first time using VideoPad, and I am having trouble with the fade transitions. Everything looks correct when previewing the video, but the exported video looks very bad. When fading out a video clip, the video clip plays all the way to the end, then stops and jumps frame to a stationary shot. Then the fade begins.

I'm not sure what I am doing wrong, but everything looks great in the preview. Are there any settings that I need to change when exporting to a video file that may help this?

Thanks

Ed

Hello all. This is my first time using VideoPad, and I am having trouble with the fade transitions...

Videopad transitions are problematic. Allegedly that's being addressed, with no target date for a fix.

In the interim, see the thread titled "Real cross dissolves?" (3/19) for workarounds that create smooth transitions.

To make a simple fade, don't use the FADE transition. Do this instead...

• In the timeline, locate the video scene you want to fade out and click the * star at the left-bottom of that scene.
  • In the VIDEO EFFECTS window that opens - to the right of the green + sign in the OPACITY field - there is a horizontal block that contains a blue line across its upper edge.

(If you don't see the block that contains the blue line, look to the right of the words "Applied Effects" and click the blue icon with the jagged lines in it.)

• Click the blue line close to its right edge to create a keyframe (a dot).
  • Then click the far right end of the line and drag it to the bottom of the graph (zero opacity). If you make a mistake - too many dots - right-click on a dot and "remove keyframe."

THAT'S your fade. Click CLOSE.