Evaluating your Product with no Technical Support

LewisG

Like most people I assume a free version of a product is released so that a user can evaluate and make an informed decision on purchasing said product. So here I am in a user based forum setting asking for technical support because the company fails to offer such support unless you fork over some cash first. Well I have a small problem with that. I see things like I would assume most people do. Why would I purchase something that doesnt work? I inspect a house before I buy it. I drive a car before I buy it. If there is something wrong I either dont purchase or I negotiate a fix before I purchase. I enjoy using this product and most of it has worked without flaw! However, It is very important to me as a consumer that I am able to access my information and invoice on the go. I can't wait days and weeks for the chance that some other user has experienced the same issue that I am having. That the user is kind enough to give me a work around or a fix that will keep your product working for me. That is no way to do business in my book. In fact my book reads.....release a sound product and stay connected to my users as much as humanly possible to continuly evaluate my product and fix any and all known issues immediately. Create a huge presence on our FAQ forums so that any customer that evaluates our product sees that we are here to help as much as humanly possible.

Hi Dan. Yes you can get your money back. Go through the proper support channel and request it. http://www.nch.com.a...port/index.html Select technical support, your product and answer the questions. You could almost certainly get your technical issues answered by using this link as well - the forums are not a regular support channel but the above link is...but if you have decided a refund is your best bet, they can help with that too.

Lewis, I understand your frustration... "I inspect a house before I buy it. I drive a car before I buy it." ... we are not a house or a car, and we do offer the option to try it before you buy it. Hence the 14 day free trial. Unfortunately the support load is not managable with trial based software and free products. Which is why we offer an unconditional refund if we can't answer your questions after you purchase. And for $80 that is a good deal compared to the $20k or $200k for a car or a house where you probably won't figure out there is a problem without hiring an inspector or a mechanic for hundreds of dollars first. It allows us to fund support and back our products. Again, sorry for your frustrations. DJ