Playing the wrong part of the file

Vertigo

I have just downloaded the basic WavePad software and so far am very impressed and may well upgrade to the Master version. However I have come across one problem. I have loaded a fairly large MP3 file - it is approximately 2 hours long and 120MB. All works fine until I try and put the cursor anywhere in about the last 1/4 of the file in which case it then starts playing music from the beginning of the file, though the cursor continues to track where I placed it. If I put the cursor back to just before this effect occurs, it plays the music correctly and continues playing correctly into that last 1/4. It is only when I select or do anything like fast forward/reverse that it reverts to playing music from the start of the file.

Can you help me please? Is there maybe a file size limit on the basic form of the program?

best regards

Mike

Guest Ashley Emery

I have noticed the same problem with files somewhat more than 90mins in length although I'm not sure of the exact size limit. At this point I resort to Roxio's sound editor but I prefer using WavePad most of the time.

I have just downloaded the basic WavePad software and so far am very impressed and may well upgrade to the Master version. However I have come across one problem. I have loaded a fairly large MP3 file - it is approximately 2 hours long and 120MB. All works fine until I try and put the cursor anywhere in about the last 1/4 of the file in which case it then starts playing music from the beginning of the file, though the cursor continues to track where I placed it. If I put the cursor back to just before this effect occurs, it plays the music correctly and continues playing correctly into that last 1/4. It is only when I select or do anything like fast forward/reverse that it reverts to playing music from the start of the file.

Can you help me please? Is there maybe a file size limit on the basic form of the program?

best regards

Mike