Output video partially pixelated, sometimes reduced brightness

softcake

Hi,

since I upgraded to VP2.41 my output video is partially pixelated. Sometimes big white areas (original) are grey.

My setting is

- AVI (1280 x 720)

- Framerate 30.00

- H264 (Compression 23.0, I tried 16 and 25 with no effect)

When I choose MPEG4 I can see no pixelated parts but the white areas are still grey.

What can I do?

softcake

• 2 weeks later...

I have been having the same problem for some time now. If I save the video as a .mp4 file or a .mov file it has the pixelation and grey areas you describe when it is played in the Quicktime player. If I play it in the Windows Media Player it looks OK. I noticed in Quicktime when I open the Quicktime Movie Inspector it shows the frame rate as 29.80 rather than 29.97. Maybe that has something to do with it?

My version is also 2.41

Would really like a solution to this as it is very annoying...

Hi,

since I upgraded to VP2.41 my output video is partially pixelated. Sometimes big white areas (original) are grey.

My setting is

- AVI (1280 x 720)

- Framerate 30.00

- H264 (Compression 23.0, I tried 16 and 25 with no effect)

When I choose MPEG4 I can see no pixelated parts but the white areas are still grey.

What can I do?

softcake

I have been having the same problem for some time now. If I save the video as a .mp4 file or a .mov file it has the pixelation and grey areas you describe when it is played in the Quicktime player. If I play it in the Windows Media Player it looks OK. I noticed in Quicktime when I open the Quicktime Movie Inspector it shows the frame rate as 29.80 rather than 29.97. Maybe that has something to do with it?

My version is also 2.41

Would really like a solution to this as it is very annoying...

It looks like we have to handle the two problems seperated. The pixelized parts appear at images with zoom effekt plus short cros transitions (0,3s). Possibly this combination does make problems with v2.41. When changing transition time to 0,4s it worked fine.

I have no idea what to do with the grey areas.

It looks like we have to handle the two problems seperated. The pixelized parts appear at images with zoom effekt plus short cros transitions (0,3s). Possibly this combination does make problems with v2.41. When changing transition time to 0,4s it worked fine.

I have no idea what to do with the grey areas.

Well the problem is, there are no effects or transitions applied to the video clip; it is a single 30-second MPEG4 video clip: H.264, 480x270, AAC, Stereo, 44.1kHz, 29.97fps, 9.15MB, 1.87mbps.

I will try to insert some images of the problem:

001_MP4_Grey_Pixelated.jpg

002_MP4_Normal.jpg

003_MP4_Grey-Pixelated.jpg

NCH Support suggested adjusting the encoding "Quality" setting to its highest level. This does not help. At low settings the image just looks like it is low resolution. At high settings the image quality looks like it is high resolution but there is overall macro blocking and grey color. In other words, low quality settings gets rid of the macro blocking and grey color, but the image is so degraded it is unusable. At high quality settings the image quality is good, but the macro blocking makes it unusable.

I know Video Pad is supposed to be a simplified editing tool, but at least it should yield usable results...