Need help saving file

fefferman

I finished recording a sermon at church tonight and when I tried to save the file, I got an error saying Cannot save file because there is not enough free disk space. Please try saving the file to a different location or free up disk space and try saving again. OK Pretty self explanitory. I didn't have enough space to save it where I tried to save it. I should have made sure I had enough space beforehand, especially since this happened a few months ago, and thats where the problem lies. After receiving this message a few months ago, when I clicked OK, I assumed it would put me back to the program so I could save it to another location, or free up disk space to make room, only it didn't. When I clicked OK, it shut the program down and the file was lost. Well, I got the error message again tonight, and I don't want to click OK, because I don't want to lose another file. I am using the free version of WavePad, and its on my laptop running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. Do I have any options? Will clicking the red X on the top right give me the same results? I have put the computer in hibernation, hoping to get an answer from somewhere soon. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

• 2 weeks later...

I am working with fefferman on this. The program is still running, so all temp files should still be available, I would think. Just don't know where they are. Any suggestions?

I never tried to find a lost file, so I really don't KNOW where to look.

I'd probably got look in the wavepad folder where it got installed;

go to start, search programs [ in 7 ] put in wavepad, then right clik on one of the search results to open file location to search around there, for the in limbo file.

best wishes

kw

--------

p.s.

I just thought of this;

http://download.cnet.com/Pandora-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10694796.html?tag=mncol;1

it may be your saving grace....please post back with results, either good or bad.

I never tried to find a lost file, so I really don't KNOW where to look.

I'd probably got look in the wavepad folder where it got installed;

go to start, search programs [ in 7 ] put in wavepad, then right clik on one of the search results to open file location to search around there, for the in limbo file.

best wishes

kw

--------

p.s.

I just thought of this;

http://download.cnet.com/Pandora-Recovery/3000-2094_4-10694796.html?tag=mncol;1

it may be your saving grace....please post back with results, either good or bad.

Thanks for the reply!

We actually allready solved the problem by just chancing it and hitting the red "x". It worked, the program stayed up and we were able to save the file. Praise the Lord! I may use the program you recomended in the future though. It looks like a very helpful tool. Thanks!

Thanks for the reply!

We actually allready solved the problem by just chancing it and hitting the red "x". It worked, the program stayed up and we were able to save the file. Praise the Lord! I may use the program you recomended in the future though. It looks like a very helpful tool. Thanks!

Glad to hear it all worked out.

personally, I'd never rely on the onboard recording feature....I'd use a handheld device like the yamaha cx digital recorder....the battery lasts fairly long

like 10hrs and the computer can easily read the files

late edit [[ Using the most accurate linear PCM recording mode you can record continuously for up 22 hours on a single battery charge. If stereo MP3 recording suits your needs you can record for up to 50 hours.* The corresponding continuous playback times are 22 hours, and 54 hours, respectively. The POCKETRAK CX cones with an environment-friendly rechargeable Eneloop battery ]] from yamaha site

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/576492-REG/Yamaha_POCKETRAK_CX_Pocketrak_CX_Digital_Stereo.html

I own it, so I know....but apologies, this model, no longer available.....I got it at guitarworld a year or so back for 99.00

and they are not all equal for battery life...the most critical question to ask for one you like.

I also got a tascam, but it is a battery hog....same size as yamaha but battery lasts 2-3 hrs then poops out. no bargain at any price, unless you only want to take notes in car while you are thinking and driving.

Glad to hear it all worked out.

personally, I'd never rely on the onboard recording feature....I'd use a handheld device like the yamaha cx digital recorder....the battery lasts fairly long

like 10hrs and the computer can easily read the files

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/576492-REG/Yamaha_POCKETRAK_CX_Pocketrak_CX_Digital_Stereo.html

I own it, so I know....but apologies, this model, no longer available.....I got it at guitarworld a year or so back for 99.00

and they are not all equal for battery life...the most critical question to ask for one you like.

I also got a tascam, but it is a battery hog....same size as yamaha but battery lasts 2-3 hrs then poops out. no bargain at any price, unless you only want to take notes in car while you are thinking and driving.

Thanks for the tips. God bless!