Transfering a project

Brighty79

Hi,

I have downloaded the free trial version for videopad videoeditor onto two seperate laptops and started two seperate projects. I now want to buy the software in order to complete these two projects by making them into DVDs. I don't want to buy the software for both laptops, so I have tried to transfer the project on my older laptop to my new laptop. The problem is that I can transfer the template of the project (without images or sound). The names of the files appear in red and I can not play them. I then transfer the files that have been saved to my laptop and transfer them but they just appear as the original unedited clip. I have also tried selecting the clip and dragging it from the 'media list' in videopad but I am unable to move them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I am keen to buy the full version but only when I know I can get this project moved. Help!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I have downloaded the free trial version for videopad videoeditor onto two seperate laptops and started two seperate projects. I now want to buy the software in order to complete these two projects by making them into DVDs. I don't want to buy the software for both laptops, so I have tried to transfer the project on my older laptop to my new laptop. The problem is that I can transfer the template of the project (without images or sound). The names of the files appear in red and I can not play them. I then transfer the files that have been saved to my laptop and transfer them but they just appear as the original unedited clip. I have also tried selecting the clip and dragging it from the 'media list' in videopad but I am unable to move them.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated as I am keen to buy the full version but only when I know I can get this project moved. Help!

I'd register the old, then copy to the new....verify all is well, then delete the old.

but, that's just an educated guess, not a guarantee....sorry.

kw