OutBound Calling

Guest Rick Dowdall

Guest Rick Dowdall

Hello - I have been asked by a client to develop a system that will place outbound calls and play a message to the called party.

The requirements are as follows:

-Read the phone number and message type from a database table (sql server)

-Dial the phone number and play the message

-Log the call and status to database - no answer, answering machine, person answered, not valid number.

-Proceed to the next number in the db table.

Will the IVM be able to fulfill these requirements? Can the IVM software use IP telephony such as Vonage without having to use a Dialogic board?

Thanks,

Rick Dowdall

rick.dowdall@gmail.com

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Anomymous
Hello - I have been asked by a client to develop a system that will place outbound calls and play a message to the called party.

The requirements are as follows:

-Read the phone number and message type from a database table (sql server)

-Dial the phone number and play the message

-Log the call and status to database  - no answer, answering machine, person answered, not valid number.

-Proceed to the next number in the db table.

Will the IVM be able to fulfill these requirements? Can the IVM software use IP telephony such as Vonage without having to use a Dialogic board?

Thanks,

Rick Dowdall

rick.dowdall@gmail.com

This is a hot topic. I have these same requirements, any resolution to this topic?

Guest Rick Dowdall
This is a hot topic. I have these same requirements, any resolution to this topic?

I have decided to develop the application on an IVR system that they already own. Initially I did not want to use this hardware because the manufacturer is out of business and support would be limited. I did get enough information to get an idea on how to develop the app using VB.net and vxml so I am in progress now.

Rick