Loading wave files

gato

For some reason wave pad has stopped loading any wave file for editing. It was working at the beginning with seemingly unlimited recording time but I noticed a week ago that it was balking at loading anything over 5.5 minutes long now it is down to 1 minute before it just goes to stuttering and the graph is flat. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same result. The wave file plays flawlessly thru windows media player so its not the file and I played three different waves and tried to load them with same result. I'll go back and try ones that loaded and were converted to mp3s before -- ok i just went and did that same result it was 17 secs before it cut out. It loads some of the wave then seems to encounter a problem and just gives up -- zip the loading graph goes across. Downloading new setup didnt solve it either. Some one please help!!!! I was hard at work and want to get back.

• 1 month later...
Guest Guest_Greg_*
For some reason wave pad has stopped loading any wave file for editing.  It was working at the beginning with seemingly unlimited recording time but I noticed a week ago that it was balking at loading anything over 5.5 minutes long now it is down to 1 minute before it just goes to stuttering and the graph is flat.  I tried uninstalling and reinstalling but same result.  The wave file plays flawlessly thru windows media player so its not the file and I played three different waves and tried to load them with same result.  I'll go back and try ones that loaded and were converted to mp3s before -- ok i just went and did that same result it was 17 secs before it cut out.  It loads some of the wave  then seems to encounter a problem and just gives up -- zip the loading graph goes across.  Downloading new setup didnt solve it either.  Some one please help!!!!  I was hard at work and want to get back.

Hello,

I have the same problem. I have been using wordpad for 2 months and I never had a problem, but now files won't open completely or properly. They open partially, then for the rest I get a buzzing sound followed by a fast clicking, and no sound. Did u solve the problem? It doesn't look as tho u got an answer from anyone. Do u know of a good sound editing program that works?

Guest Guest_Greg_*

Found (and solved) the problem. Insufficient disk space!! Not flagged by Wavepad, but something to be aware of. If you read this Gato, this may be same for u.

I am a happy camper again -- with Wavepad -- and I'll accept responsibility for this 'problem'. Still, if Wavepad could flag it when disk space is getting tight.......that would be a welcome preventative measure.

Regards