WavePad and Picturetoexe

Guest iabigred

Guest iabigred

I have a couple of digital slide shows that I built using the picturetoexe software and I wanted to add a song as background music but I didn't like the long intro. I downloaded WavePad, works fine, edited the song, saved it under a new name. Then went back into my slide show and pointed it to the new music and went to preview but no sound.

I can listen to the old and new files with musicjukebox or windows media player and everything seems fine but in Picture to exe slideshow, no music. It will show directorys and files and shows that they are attached but they won't in the software.

Are there possible some default setting that might have gotten overlayed when I installed WavePad?

Any suggestions?

Tom

Hi, I have just installed and tried PictureToExe. It works fine for me. Have you ticked the checkbox "Play background music" in Project Options->Music tag in PictureToExe?

If you can play the file with Windows Media Player then the problem must be related to PictureToExe settings.

Guest Guest_iabigred_*

I tried playing a slideshow that a firend had burned to a CD that I had played before and it didn't have sound either.

Some how my Default audio device got turned off.

I am on Windows XP. I went into the Control Panel, Sounds,Speech and Audio Device and started looking at setting. At some point I noticed that Default Audio Device was None. I tried several thinks and found that if I went into the Change Sound Scheme and the Audio Tab and changed the drop down from Moden #1 Line Playback to SoundMax Digital Audio, I then had a default audio device. I tried the CD slideshow and it worked so I tried the new slide show and it also worked.

I sure don't remember changing that setting but somehow I must have.

Thanks

Tom