People cant hear me speak!

Guest Naycon

I recently downloaded Express Talk and I cant see to get the program to send my speech to my friends. I can hear them, but they cant hear me. The mic I use work well in windows and programs like Skype, but wont work with ET. I can see the level-slider move when I use the "configur audio" wizard, but it wont work when I use it "live". I also bought an USB-phone to see if it would work with it instead, but it didn't, still the same problem. Have anyone experienced the same problem and maybe solved it? I'd greatly appriciate your help!

/Naycon

Is there no one out there who've had the same problem or who has any clue on how to solve this? I've tried about every config in the settingsmenu that I could come up with, the network details are configured as the should (I can call people and hear them speak, but they cant hear me), the mic works as intended when using the audiowizzard. I got a Audigy 2 soundcard, but as I mentioned I bought an usb-phone which works like a usb-soundcard, and the problem is the same.

Please help me.

• 2 weeks later...

I have the opposite poblem. People hear me, but i dont hear them (while the sound indicator is moving). Sound output is ok, while ringing, works perfectly with Skype, SJ Phone and other VoIP software. Maybe some sound codec is needed? :blink:

I have the opposite poblem. People hear me, but i dont hear them (while the sound indicator is moving). Sound output is ok, while ringing, works perfectly with Skype, SJ Phone and other VoIP software. Maybe some sound codec is needed?  :blink:

I have no clue, but that could maybe be the problem (at least in your case). Currently I've only got the ffdshow-codec installed (google for it), so if installing that one doesnt help, it's most likely not a codec problem.

I have no clue, but that could maybe be the problem (at least in your case). Currently I've only got the ffdshow-codec installed (google for it), so if installing that one doesnt help, it's most likely not a codec problem.

I wrote that btw. :D

• 4 months later...